- Start with Kubuntu (Breezy) full installation (not the reduced server option).
- Install synaptic
- Add universe and restricted repositories.
- Install firefox
- kwin_baghira window decorations and button styles.
- Install kxdocker
- Enable dapper repositories.
- Perform an apt-get dist-upgrade
- For kubuntu, this is on the ServerArgsLocal line in /etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc
- /dev/sda1 /media/usb0 ntfs ro,user,auto,umask=002,uid=thomas 0 0
- /dev/sdb1 /media/usb1 ntfs ro,user,auto,umask=002,uid=thomas 0 0
Debian stores qt3 in a different location than expected by some authors…
Try specifying /usr/share/qt3 as a base directory.
In Kubuntu: checking for X… configure: error: Can’t find X includes. Please check your installation and add the correct paths!Posted: May 22, 2006 | Author: tech0x20 | Filed under: Uncategorized | Leave a comment »
Try installing kdebase.
Particularly relevant for newer systems:
nVidia and ATI graphics cards
How come I can’t use more than 900 MB of RAM?
I have more than 900 megabytes of RAM, but the system only sees the first 900. Why is that?
The default generic i386 kernel only has support for 900 megabytes of RAM. After installation, you can select a different kernel as appropriate for your hardware. If you are running on a P4, for example, you might type:
sudo apt-get install linux-686
Otherwise, if you are on a dual-processor workstation, you might type:
sudo apt-get install linux-686-smp
Choose from the list of linux packages the one that best suits your hardware.
Ubuntu Samba Server set-up:
Working with 1.1.8 under Netscape Communicator 4.8:
You can redirect standard output via the following, but
public void setOut(java.io.PrintStream out)
Netscape System Target, hosted by Sun.
UniversalExecAccess needs to be granted for setErr, SetIn, and setOut to be allowed within an applet.