Today’s iPhone has a nice article on adding bookmarklets to mobile Safari:
TiPs & Tricks: Add bookmarklets to mobile Safari
However, with iOS5, I found that the steps are a little more convoluted:
- Add a dummy bookmark using the [->] button in the middle of Safari
- Copy the code for the bookmarklet
- Tap the Bookmark button (second from the right in Safari).
- Tap the [Edit] button
- Tap on the dummy bookmark you created
- (x) out the URL on the second line
- Paste the bookmarklet code on the second line.
- (x) out the title and name the bookmarklet appropriately
- Tap [Done] when finished.
UPDATED 01/27/2012 bufferapp has new code.
I also found that the Buffer code was missing, so I captured it and posted it below:
I like to keep a few Twitter feeds in my RSS reader, but can never remember how to get them from Twitter.
However, I found there is a simpler method (for now)–replace USERNAME with the twitter name. This probably fails when a user changes names, but for stable usernames, this seems to work: