Various Predictions for 2009Posted: December 31, 2008 | Author: tech0x20 | Filed under: Industry | Tags: punditry, soothsayer | Comments Off on Various Predictions for 2009
These are the predictions I’ve seen in media/technology so far. Anyone have any others?
YOUR PREDICTIONS: EW, OK!, SEATTLE TIMES, MIAMI HERALD, BLENDER, EWEEK and COMPUTERWORLD will all not se e Christmas 2009.
- Sony: Further reduction in PS3 pricing, Blu-Ray struggles to gain ground on DVDs with streaming taking off
- Apple: Ends iPhone exclusivity with AT&T (on the heels of the Wal-Mart introduction) and Jobs announces his planned retirement.
- Microsoft: Windows 7 rushed out the door hits store shelves
- IT spending to be cut 10-20%
- Unemployed IT professionals will help boost growth in cybercrime.
- Company’s social networking initiatives lose stream as they get considered speculative/frivolous.
- Google to acquire Salesforce.com
- Wireless propagation slows down wired switch sales.
- Video finally takes off as a communications medium.
- Social engineering will proliferate and “Scareware” will boom.
I’ll be curious to see how much of this is valid even halfway through the year (if even quantifiable).
- On the money side: 20 Surprises for 2009 and 2009 Psychic Money Predictions, and 8 really, really scary predictions
- ReadWriteWeb’s 2009 Web Predictions and their coverage of Predictions Across the Web
- Website Magazine’s 2009 Web Predictions
- At ChrisBrogan.com: 2009 Social Media Predictions
- At Mahalo Answers: Jason Calcanis asks for Tech Predictions for 2009
- Electronic Recruiting News: Workplace Predictions for 2009 and Beyond
- Social Computing Magazine: Enterprise 2.0 Predictions