Do you really want me as a customer?
Posted: October 30, 2010 | Author: tech0x20 | Filed under: rant | Tags: customer, ui, web | Comments Off on Do you really want me as a customer?
- Don’t make me log in or create an account just to place my order.
- Don’t make me do a password reset just because I haven’t logged in and I’ve forgotten my password. If you absolutely insist on doing a password reset, do this instead:
- Take my email and password + repeat password, regardless of whether I have an account under that email address currently or not.
- Send a confirmation link to my email address.
- Process payment once email has been confirmed.
- I still insist that, unless you are a BANK, you do not need me to confirm that I am associated with some arbitrary identity that you have established in your system.
- Recognize all of the common phone number representations. I should error out on
- Don’t ask me to enter the +4 part of a zip code.
- If your address lookup or data feed includes the +4 part of a zip code, it should match a 5-digit zip code without making me confirm or recalculate shipping.