While this is a somewhat specific and lengthy post of goals, this is really more of a mindset setting for me personally that a specific set of checklist items that will determine my success or failure.
I hope to revise this [with revisions noted] on a monthly basis.
Running / Fitness
Train less, harder, and more consistently.
- Don’t shy from intervals and tempo runs.
- Build to a 50 mile per week average by the end of January and keep the average within 2 miles per week of that mark. The daily mileage slog has been accomplished. I’m not going to improve my performance on pure training volume alone, unless I get a sponsorship equal to my current pay.
- There are no marathon goals for this year. I plan to run two in November, but this year is primarily and maintenance and base-building year. I have failed to run an entire year consistently and healthy since 2007.
Release the apathy and fear.
- Get outside in the rain once.
- Hit the hills as much as possible.
- Train on the hottest day of the summer.
- Attack a run that specifically becomes a point of dread.
- Get back into consistent strengthening exercises.
- Add flexibility into the mix.
Plan daytime eating
- Don’t be caught off guard by the thought of what to eat 5 minutes before it is found.
- Control daytime nutrition
- Stash fresh fruit, peanut butter, oatmeal, etc…
Finish 24 books:
- 6 running
- 6 classics
- 6 business or work-related
- 6 history
- Re-learn and improve organ and work up at least one organ specific piece in time for Easter.
- Establish a specific weekly activity to do 1-on-1 with each of the kids.
- Date night once per week.
- Pet project development.